Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Time to blow the dust off this ole' blog, and what better way to do that than some Midweek Confessions? Hey if that's the only thing that gets me blogging at the moment, then I'll take it. My philosophy in life is to appreciate the small victories... or try to. So for this week, writing a post instead of just reading other peoples' posts and wishing I was writing a post will have to do. I think I just confused myself.
Let the confessing commence! Here are my top 5 confessions of the week:
1. I have static cling in my skirt this morning. I'm pretty certain I walked through the entire office with more of my back side showing than the law allows. Good thing I was the only one there.
2. O laundry, how I loathe thee. I recently discovered that it is better for me to do a small load of laundry every couple of days than it is for me to wait an entire week to do laundry. If I wait the whole week to do laundry, then I will likely let it pile up for another week and another week and...you get the point. At this point, I've got at least a week's worth of laundry to catch up on. Ugh.
3. Last night my husband pointed out that I was listening to Incubus while reading an assigned reading for my the religion class that I'm auditing. Apparently, in his eyes anyways, listening to Incubus while studying the Torah is ironic.
4. The word nerd in me went to look up the correct use of the word "ironic" (see confession above). Apparently, my use of the word is not accurate. Did you know that many scholars consider the word "ironic" to be the most abused word in the English language? Isn't that ironic? Don't you think? *Sing it with me, people.*
5. My office is currently a disaster. It's not like it isn't anything other than a disaster on a regular basis, it's just that I'm noticing what a terrible disaster it actually is today. Perhaps I should be cleaning instead of blogging. Nah!
Have a great week, friends!