Saturday, January 17, 2009

Darn You Texas Weather!

What is about planning to start something new that makes obstacles automatically pop up? It's like something notices you moving out of your "comfort zone box" and socks ya one (as my mom would say). The past three days I've been dealing with a sinus infection. I get these quite frequently since I have chronic sinusitis, but this one made me particularly exhausted. This 60 one day 20 the next is not helping me, but I'll get passed it. Thankfully, I have a variety of workout equipment and DVDs here at the house to use. Now if I could just get passed this exhaustion and not use it as an excuse, I'd be doing good. To get me through this exhaustion I just have to keep thinking about my goal and Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
I have been using the downtime to study Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo's book "Eat Right 4 Your Type". I am loving it. I think it will be a great way to give me energy and get my body back to be the well-oiled machine it is meant to be, not the exhausted machine with one wheel falling off that it feels like at the moment. Charles and I are both going to commit to start changing our eating habits to this way. He's done it in the past, and I know having him to help me will be so great. He is such a supportive hubby. We are going to work this weekend to get what we can and can't eat straight (since we have 2 different blood types) and plan to do some shopping.
I'm going to use this weekend to do some planning, get some rest, and hopefully do a little walking on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment