Sunday, January 18, 2009

Plans, Plans, and More Plans

Today was a nice relaxing day with the family and with my head stuck in a book reading up on my blood type. I must say that I am completely fascinated with the "Eat Right 4 Your Type" book. The concept makes so much sense to my logical noodle. I know it won't be the easiest transition. I wouldn't expect 28 years of eating habits to go quickly. I just plan on making it a gradual change. A little bit here and there. I had already begun giving up soda and caffeine and cheese. Honestly, those were likely to be my two biggest "Ahhh! I can't eat that anymore" hurdles. I am really feeling so much better not eating cheese and drinking sodas that it has made the transition a bit easier. I know there will be more food hurdles to come - like not eating out so much- but I'm actually quite excited by the concept of facing the hurdles.
Another hurdle I know I'm going to have to get past is working out - more like making time to workout and getting past my exhaustion. With the crazy schedule in the Schechner home, I never really know what's going to happen when. I'm pretty certain (fearfully so) that waking up early and starting the day with exercise is going to be my best bet. That will be my goal this week. Getting up early and working out 3 days this week. Again, it's all about gradual changes for me.
I'm going to end this post with my top 3 fitness goals for this week.
1.) Getting up 3 days this week to walk 30 minutes on the treadmill (or do a fitness video)
2.) Plan our meals for the week and actually go grocery shopping (This is a big deal since I haven't been grocery shopping in over 2 months.)
3.) To post to this blog at least 4 days this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment