Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I do my own stunts...

So here's a few little things about me. I'm 28 years-old. I've been married to my wonderful husband for four years now. I have an amazing 3 year-old son. I have a job that I enjoy in a ministry that I was surprised God put me in. I have a great family and terrific friends. Overall, my life has been richly blessed. But I have a few confessions to make.
I am 120 pounds overweight. I have back problems. I'm a stress junkie. I have horrible eating habits. I like to drink Cokes. I love ice cream and pizza and just about anything you can buy in a drive-thru.

And I've had enough!

I'm tired of being tired, unhealthy, unfocused, anxious, stressed, and not being the best person that God created me to be. Enough is enough and it's time to get that all off my chest. Whew... This past year has had more health challenges - some related to weight, most related to stress. I'm just not feeling like my fabulous self anymore. Instead I'm exhausted most of the time. I want to change that.
This blog is about me and the journey of getting this weight off and becoming spiritually, mentally, and physically healthy. It's transformation from the inside out. I know that it won't be easy, but most things worth doing aren't. I won't always know what I'm doing, but I'm willing to try and willing to share it here. Some things I will have to start slow on. I know that. I expect that it will take me about a year of changing habits and taking care of myself to get the weight off. That's ok. I want to do it in the most healthy way possible. I'll make it my goal to blog a little every day about what is going on in my life and will post my progress or any aha!s I have along the way.
I cling to the hope of Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

P.S. Not sure why this text is all different sizes. It looks normal in my editing window. Will fix it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment