Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Best Form of Exercise

This morning I realized that I had forgotten how satisfying waking up sore after a workout really is. It makes me feel like my body is working the way it's supposed to. It feels nice. It's not the greatest feeling in the world, but it makes me feel like I'm on my way to accomplishing my fitness goals.
I was going to make Saturday my rest day. I wasn't going to be in a rush to jump out of bed and start working out. Being sore this morning, I really didn't have much of a choice about jumping out of bed and doing anything. Instead of a structured workout, I did the best form of exercise there is - chasing Charlie around and playing Frisbee. Exercising and spending time with my son, what could be better than that? It was a beautiful fall day. We giggled and ran and explored and threw the Frisbee. It was one of those wonderful days that you never want to forget.
After our morning "exercise", we took our adventure to the local Farmers Market. It was so much fun. I was feeling adventurous, so I did three food things I've never done before. 1.) I sampled a Vegan snickerdoodle cookie. Amazingly, I really enjoyed it. It was a smidgen on the dry side, but it was rather tasty. 2.) We purchased free range beef. I've tried it before, but can't remember exactly how it tasted. I'm anxious to see if it is something that I would like to add to my diet. 3.) We purchased a Japanese persimmon. I wanted to try something new, so we'll see how it goes.
I enjoyed a great afternoon of lunch and shopping with my mom and sister. We really had a great time. We all have the same goofy sense of humor, so it was fun.
Thank you Lord for a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment