Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finding balance

The journey to good health is as much a spiritual journey as it is a physical one. The physical condition of the body is most often the outward appearance of the spiritual condition within. My mother used to tell me that a messy room was often just a physical manifestation of how we were feeling. My room was usually a cluttered mess with one or two perfectly organized drawers - go figure. Even from an early age, I had difficulty finding balance. Balance of time and focus; balance of sticking to a plan versus giving in to my cravings; balance of eating right and working out.
One day I will find it, I'm sure. For now, I will just continue on this journey, living intentionally each day and seeking joy in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment