Saturday, June 23, 2012

32

I recently turned 32. 32 is one of those ages that you never imagine reaching when you are a kid. It might as well have been 102 back in those days. The funny thing about being 32 is that I'm still young enough to look in the mirror and see a teenager staring back at me. Is that weird? In my mind, especially when I'm around my parents, I feel like I'm still 16 or 17 just enjoying life. Then my 7 year-old bursts in and that delusion is quickly gone, but I still don't feel 32.

I've been thinking a lot about life and what direction it is taking. We spend our youthful lives wondering what we are going to be when we grow up. At 32, I'm still wondering. I get glimmers of it here and there. To be honest, I'm doing things I never dreamed I'd be doing - being a wife and mom, ministry work, promoting concerts, hosting a radio show. It's already beyond my wildest dreams, and I dreamed up some pretty darn crazy stuff  back in the day.


I'm glad God saw fit to repair my brokenness, to move me out of my comfort zone on so many levels, and to make life more extraordinary than I could have imagined. If none of this had happened, I would probably still be waiting.

I guess the point of this little post, is that life is more about the journey than the destination. If you're waiting for something to happen, chances are you will be waiting a really long time. Time is a commodity that we can't afford to waste. It flashes in an instant and passes you by so quickly. You can't get back the moments that are wasted, you can only move forward to make new ones.

You know what else I'm learning about myself? I would much rather do a little bit of laundry every day, then have to do 150 loads of laundry at the end of the week...but that's for another post.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment