Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring at the Park

Howdy Friends and Neighbors! Today was just one of those days. You know...those days that all of your plans fly completely out the window? Well that was today for me. I knew when I had to unexpectedly had to take my son to work with me, and when I got to work there was someone waiting outside for the office to open that my plans were pretty much done for. That's ok. God tends to work that way in my life sometimes. Sometimes I think it is His way of letting me know that all that "busy work" that occupies life doesn't really matter if I'm not tuning in to what He wants for me to do. So all of that to say that today was a little off kilter, but in the end it turned out quite nice.

After I dealt with all of my surprises, I went to lunch with a dear member of our church who wanted to bless me with a lunch out for Secretary's Day (I personally prefer secretary over administrative professional). It was at my favorite Chinese food restaurant. I had my favorite entree. I enjoyed my "good fortune" and as soon as I got back to work, promptly got sick. Nothing wrong with the food, just a little too much for my sensitive stomach. When am I going to learn that get my cravings and my stomach on the same page? It all goes back to balance. I drudged through the rest of work and dragged myself home. I really wanted to use this as an excuse not to meet my walking buddy at the park for a walk, but I decided I didn't want to give up that easily. I met her at the park for a 2 mile walk. My legs were a little sore from last night's walk/jog/rock climb. It felt good to get those muscles loosened up. I didn't really feel up for trying much running, but I did manage to do a tenth of a mile. I still don't think running is ever going to be something that I truly enjoy, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to be able to do it ;-)

On a funny note, every night that we meet at the park, there is an ice cream truck that drives around the entire park - taunting us. It's kind of ironic for me as an ice cream lover, but now I've just learned to laugh at it. The park's beauty out weighs my desire for ice cream.


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment