Wednesday, April 28, 2010

FUN is the Name of the Game


This week has been mostly spent recovering from last Sunday's concert. It was TTM's first ticketed event, so I knew it was going to be a crazy day. Even though it was crazy, it went really well. Chas kept things in good order, which meant we only had a few surprises. While we didn't sale the amount of tickets we had hoped, this concert was a learning experience for us, and propelled the ministry on to the next big event in a little less than a month.


After a long and busy day Sunday, I just didn't feel up for doing much of anything exercise-wise on Monday. My body was still sore from running around/lifting/climbing/etc, that I just felt like giving myself the day to relax. I know. I know. It's an excuse, but I'm really trying to learn to listen to my body, especially when I need rest.


Tuesday I had the day off. A day off for me usually means working at least a few hours. I know, it's a sad ailment, but it keeps me from having anxiety about whatever I forgot to do. I couldn't have picked a more beautiful day to take a day off. It was a perfect spring day. Chas, C5, and I went to the park for a walk. C5 is a great workout buddy for being 4. Dare I even say, he is sometimes more encouraging than my adult workout buddies. We tried the para-training course that the park has, and it was so much FUN! C5 tried everything with me. He did pretty well. His age and me being over weight kind of puts us on the same fitness level when it comes to that type of course. That's what made it FUN! Each station is a tenth of a mile from the next, so after we finished a station, C5 and I decided to race to the next one. It worked out really well for me because it was an easy way to jog half a mile. So I ended up jogging about a little more than half a mile and walked about a mile. Of course, after our workout, we had to do a little playing at the playground. Needless to say, C5 was sleeping good after our day of fun at the park, so was mommy.


So now that I've been working out more, I really haven't seen much budge in the scale. I'm feeling great, but I'm not really losing any weight. I think it's time to find a balance in my eating and my exercising. I think I'm probably exercising enough to keep from gaining weight, but not enough to lose weight. It's a little frustrating, but I'm happy to be feeling better. It makes me want to eat better.


I have two questions: 1. How do you find ways to eat healthy on a budget...a really slim budget?

2. Do you ever find that you've grown beyond your workout buddies? Maybe you have different goals which might be holding back what you want to do. How do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment