Sunday, April 18, 2010

Up Next: The Amazing Balancing Act of Misschelles

Ladies and Gentleman, if you will look to the center ring, you will see a woman desperately trying to balance on a tight rope...WITHOUT A NET!


We're halfway through the 4 concerts in 2 weeks line up. We have a few days to breathe and to plan, but it is going to be such a busy week. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. This will be our first big concert. We are expecting 700-900 people. My learning curve for the concert ministry has been fairly steep, but it has been so much fun. I'm getting to do a lot of things that I never really thought that I would be doing or that I would be doing again. I am finding some things that I love doing, some things I want to get better at, and some things that I hope I get to continue doing. Whoever thinks following God is boring, they have got be out of their mind. God has been leading me on the greatest adventure. Sometimes a little wild, but always exciting.


This week I think balance is going to be my biggest challenge. I sat down with my paper (yes I still use paper for my to-do lists) and pen and started writing out what I would need to do for the week ahead. Finding balance has not exactly been my strong suit. Keeping a list will be important and maximizing my time will be imperative.


It is so easy for me to get caught up in what I'm doing that I forget about other things. I find myself living in an imperative/optional world. The things I am doing are either imperative and have to be done or optional and can be put on the back burner. At this point in my life, there is very little that falls in the middle. I learned this weekend that some of the things that I consider optional, are really kind of important to the hubby. When you live a busy life, I think it has to be important to have open communication with your family and realize what is important to each person. Your imperative/optional list is not just your own when you have a hubby and kiddo. So I'm in the process or reevaluating and adjusting my view.It's a process and a journey. I'll get there eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment