Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day Four of the Miles for Monika Challenge

Time Frame: 2 weeks
Group Goal: 181 miles
Personal Goal: 30 miles
Personal Total: 6.0 miles

When it rains...Last night Charlie had a reaction to the antibiotic that the doctor prescribed for him in the ER on Sunday night. Now I'm not a doctor by any means, but if I tell the doctor that I've never taken penicillin because both of my parents, siblings, and grandparents are allergic to it, then wouldn't you think there is a rather good possibility that my child is going to be allergic to it. The doctor was not convinced by this argument and prescribed it anyways. Oh well. Lesson learned. Praise God that it was only a mild reaction to the medication and now we know for next time that he IS allergic to penicillin. And then after being fine all day (and at the doctor's office), Charlie's fever spikes to 102.3 at his friend's house no less. He seems fine tonight now that he's on his new antibiotic.

I just have to say that God is so awesome! His provisions for me and my family are astounding. He even cares about the smallest details of my life. Even in the craziness and chaos, He has been my peace. I cherish the little calms within the storm.When I look back at things, I think God is telling me to slow down a little and not rush so much. I've been rushing a lot lately and not living life as intentionally as I would like (that's for a another blog).

Well Day Four of the Miles for Monika Challenge wasn't quite as I'd hoped, but I did manage to find 30 minutes to jump on the treadmill this morning and get a mile in. Right now I'm focusing on mileage, but in the future I would really like to work on my pace. I know that for being about 100 pounds overweight walking a 30 minute mile is actually pretty good, but I felt that this pace on the treadmill might have been a little slow. I think I might actually do a little better than this when I'm at the park walking with my group. I really haven't timed it. I'd love to be able to do a 18-20 minute mile. I'm wondering how people set their own pace when they are not on the treadmill. Usually when I'm walking with a group (especially my good friend AmyJo), she sets the pace and I'm pretty much able to keep up with it. If I plan to do any races, I know I'm going to have to be able to set the pace myself. So how do people do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment