Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day Three of the Miles for Monika Challenge

Time Frame: 2 weeks
Group Total: 181 miles
Personal Goal: 30 miles
Personal Total: 5.0 miles

This is going to be a quick post since I have a husband and little boy who are waiting on me to watch a movie. I have great news on the Miles for Monika Challenge. The group of runners/walkers not only have met the goal of 181 miles, but they have surpassed it in just the first two days of the challenge. How awesome is that? I think it's a great way for everyone to show Monika what an inspiration she is.

It's great to be out walking again. I wish the weather could be like this all the time. It is perfect for walks at the park. I'm really happy that I've been able to get two consistent days of walking in with my wacky schedule this week. Tomorrow I have an evening meeting, so I know that I'm going to have to jump on the treadmill at some point. I don't always do well on the treadmill with walking. I enjoy being out in the elements doing my walks, but oh well. I would like to say that I will do the 2.5 miles that we've done at the park, but I'm not sure how long I will last on the "hamster wheel". But the point is - I'm going to try!

1 comment: